Teaching Map Reading through IT
Here are a few resources that will be useful for this course.
You can access the files in the relevant folder below:
Google Earth Activities from the workshop participants:
- Lesser Antilles & Port Anotonio
- Maur Mauritius.zip (7,4 kB)
- Savanna La Mar.zip (8,1 kB)
- Singapore.zip (3,1 MB)
- Victoria Falls.zip (6,1 kB)
- Rock Types in Singapore
- Lulworth, Dorset
Here are some takeaways:
"I have learnt a range of tolls in Google Earth"
"I've learnt how to make teaching map reading more exciting and interesting through using GE. It is very interesting to be 'brought' to the places virtually."
"Can't wait to share with my pupils. It's so exciting to be able to locate the places on Google Earth"
"Today I have learnt some basics of GE and I have gained some insights on how to harness and incorporate the use of GE to teach landscape interpretation"
"GE can bring the field to the students, giving them the physical and cultural context of maps"
"I've learnt make GE relevant to classroom teaching. I enjoyed the lesson very much"
"At last the topo map has come alive"
"I've learnt hot o use GE to aid students visualise and gather information to construct explanations"
Please contact webnode.com if the formatting seems out of whack. Please also drop me a note to inform me.
Some Useful Sites
- Nanyang Technological University
- National Institute of Education
- BBC NEws
- AAG Center for Global Geography Education
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Earth History
- Weather Information
- BBC Education - GCSE Bitesize Revision
- TopoZone - The Web's Topographic Map
- WebQuest Training Materials
c/o HSSE AG
1 Nanyang Walk
Singapore 637616 65-6-790-3861 (DID)
65-6-896-9135 (Fax) email@example.com